Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spirit Bound- Richelle Mead

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Page Count: 496
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Penguin Group USA

Synopsis:

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s–and to her best friend, Lissa. It is at long last graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he’s out there, somewhere.
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won’t rest until Rose joins him . . . forever.


Wow. It has been a long time since I've posted a review, and I sincerely apologize for that. School has been pretty ridiculous, and work was crazy these past two weeks. Not to mention I was out of town for a few days.. so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Anyway. This series just gets better and better with each book. Really. I'm so happy that I finally gave in to reading this because it's just so good.

I'm not really a fan of the Rose-Adrian thing. Clearly Rose belongs with Dimitri and using someone else as a placeholder is just dumb. Also, Lissa made me really mad at the end. I won't go into specifics but if she was my best friend and she pulled that shit with me... ooh man. There would be a brawl. I was so mad at her for Rose that I was sincerely hoping Rose would punch her in the face. (I've never really been a huge fan of Lissa in the first place.. I could do without her :p)

I love how Rose is maturing. She's always been a strong, independent woman, but she's really coming into her own and growing up in a great way. I loved watching her character evolve throughout the story so far.

Like I said.. Great story, great series. I love Dimitri. There were the few annoying things that happened that kept this book at a 4 star status.. but 4 stars is still wonderful!

I think that if you haven't read this series yet... you should.

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...