Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blood Promise- Richelle Mead

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Page Count: 512
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Penguin Group

Synopsis (Spoilers if you haven't read the rest of the series):
How far will Rose go to keep her promise? The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's Academy was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri. He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?


Wow. I can't even believe the ending of this book. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

This book was loooong. And honestly, the first 250 pages or so were kind of dull. Don't get me wrong, I liked learning about Dimitri's family and everything, but let's be honest here. The person everyone wants to see is Dimitri! Hahah.. yes.. I'm such a girl. Anyway.

It took a while to get the story rolling in this one, but once it did I couldn't stop. As I said in my last post, I stayed up until 3:45 am reading this one. I kept saying, "Just one more chapter, and then I'll go to bed." ...Didn't happen. Though it helps that I knew today was going to be a snowday (two feet?! Are you kidding me?!). This series is so infuriating. I say that only because I'm at the point of no return. I have to devour this entire thing. That leaves no time for homework, food, my boyfriend--nothing. I just sit on the damn couch and read and read because I am incapable of stopping.

This installment broke my heart. Everyone was so sad, and everything was so heavy. It was depressing, really.  I felt so strongly for Rose in this book that I found myself tearing up on several occasions. This is another one where all the action lies at the end, but you savor the parts that lead up to it.

However, I do have to say that Lissa really annoys the crap out of me. She's so damn weak and I want her to learn to stand up for herself! It's always "poor, fragile, demure Lissa. Can't do anything on her own, blah blah" It's starting to grate on my last nerve.

It's always hard to review books in a series that aren't the first, because I don't want to say something that will ruin anything for someone who hasn't read the series. So let me just say this: I am so glad that I finally picked up this series. I know everyone's getting sick of vampires (so am I) but this one is just really good. In fact, as I'm writing this, all I really want to go do is resume reading Spirit Bound... so that is indeed what I am going to do. I won't bore you with any more babbling.

Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

Here: Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I stay up reading and do the same thing. I promise myself one my chapter and then all of a sudden I finished the book and realize I need to be up in 2 hours. I think those are the best kind of books...the ones that make you stay up late just to finish them.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...